The Opl? IoT Kit allows you to add connectivity to devices around the home or workplace. It comes complete with a set of 8 Internet of Things self assemble projects ready to show you how to turn everyday appliances into ?smart appliances? and build custom connected devices that can be controlled with your mobile phone.
- Remote Controlled Lights – change color, light modes and switch on/off via your mobile
- Personal Weather Station – record and monitor local weather conditions
- Home Security Alarm – Detect motions and trigger warnings
- Solar System Tracker -?retrieve data from planets and moons in the Solar System
- Inventory Control – track goods in & out
- Smart Garden – monitor and control the environment for your plants
- Thermostat Control – smart control for heating and cooling systems
- Thinking About You -?send messages between the Opl? and the Arduino IoT Cloud
For more advanced users the kit provides them with the potential to create their own connected devices and IoT applications through the open programmable platform providing the ultimate control.
The Opl? unit acts as the physical interface with the Arduino IoT Cloud providing you with total control at your fingertips via the Arduino IoT Remote app. Configure and manage all the settings via the?Arduino IoT Cloud, with easy to create dashboards providing real-time readings from your smart devices around the home or workplace. Adjusting settings, switching devices on/off, watering plants etc is all controllable on the go with the Arduino IoT Remote app or fully automate the set-up then sit back and enjoy!
With the Opl? IoT Kit you can claim 12 free months* of?Arduino Cloud Maker Plan?-?the premium subscription to our online coding platform.
You will benefit from unlimited compilation time and all the other premium features
The Opl? IoT Kit? – designed for individuals to use to add connectivity to devices around the home or in the office.
How is the Opl? IoT Kit content structured?
The Opl? IoT Kit is divided into two ?getting to know? activities to provide you with the basics, plu eight step-by-step, projects ready to assemble. Each project includes goals, an intro to the components, and instructions with illustrations and videos to guide you through the assembly step-by-step. the hardware, configure the IoT Cloud and gradually build the code.
Who can use the kit?
This kit comes with complete step by step assembly instructions, hence only basic DIY experience is necessary. More advanced users can use the kit to customize and hack their smart applications and devices, providing complete control of the processes.
What languages does the online platform support?
The Opl? IoT Kit is currently available in English.
What application can you build with the Opl? IoT Kit cover?
The Opl? IoT Kit enables the users to build 8 different applications:
- Remote Controlled Lights
- Personal Weather Station
- Home Security Alarm
- Solar System Tracker
- Inventory Control
- Smart Garden
- Thermostat Control
- Thinking About You
Can I control multiple applications at the same time?
The eight Opl? projects are designed to be standalone. To control more than one application at the same time requires 2 or more kits.
What operating system is required?
Windows 7 or higher, Linux, or Mac OS.
What are the minimum requirements for using the kit?
To assemble the projects and configure the device, you will need a computer with an internet connection.
Will my devices be secure?
The crypto chip on the MKR WiFi 1010 board protects your device, ensuring secure data transfer.
How do I gain access to the Create Maker plan?
The kit comes with a 12 months inclusive subscription to the?Create Maker Plan. Your unique activation code can be found on the inside of the box. Simply go to opla.arduino.cc and it will guide you through the activation.
Opl? IoT Kit vs Explore IoT Kit?
The Opl? IoT Kit
Connectivity for your home or workplace.
This kit comes with a complete set of 8 Internet of Things projects ready to turn everyday appliances into ?smart? appliances e.g. a thermostat. Suitable for more advanced makers to create their own connected devices and IoT applications through the open programmable platform, providing ultimate control.
- Add instant smart connectivity to devices and appliances
- Suitable for makers & professionals
- No prior knowledge required
- Comes with 8 out-of-the-box guided projects
- Build custom-connected devices that can be controlled with your smartphone
- 12-month free subscription to the Arduino Create Maker Plan, providing extended features for the Arduino IoT Cloud
More info at:?store.arduino.cc/opla-iot-kit
The Explore IoT Kit
Teach students about the different applications of the Internet of Things by building real-world smart devices.
This educational kit includes 10 online student activities that adopt a learning-by-doing approach. Step-by-step, students will acquire knowledge by constructing fully functional solutions, including experiments, challenges, and building real life applications. Students also learn to control objects remotely using a digital dashboard – the Arduino IoT Cloud.
- Best for educators who want to teach the Internet of Things (and students who want to learn about IoT)
- No prior knowledge required
- Comes with 10 project-based learning activities to learn how to build and control internet connected objects
- Complete guides for both students & teachers
- Storage box for repeated use in the classroom
- 12-month Arduino Create Maker Plan trial, providing extended features for the Arduino IoT Cloud
More info at:?arduino.cc/education/explore-iot-kit
Both kits include:
- Arduino MKR WiFi 1010 board
- MKR IoT Carrier designed for this kit, including:
-?RGB 1.2″ Square Display (Explore IoT Kit) or Round OLED Display (Opl? IoT Kit)
– Five tactile buttons (capacitive touch)
– On-board sensors: temperature, humidity, pressure, and light
– Two 24 V relays
– SD card holder
– Plug and play connectors for different sensors
– RGBC, Gesture and Proximity
– 18650 Li-Ion rechargeable battery holder (battery is not included)
– Five RGB LEDs
- Arduino MKR WiFi 1010
- Plastic encasing
- Micro USB cable
- Moisture sensor
- PIR sensor
- Plug-and-play cables for all the sensors
Be the first to review “ORIGINAL ARDUINO OPL? IOT KIT”